Evangelizology developed from 30 years of the study of the Bible in areas related to evangelism. In some cases, centuries of crustaceans have developed obscuring the message of the Bible to evangelism. In other matters, it is a matter of applying doctrinal truths in the practical realm. My quest in developing these notes has been to seek to allow the one voice of the Holy Spirit to address the gospel’s message and the means by which that gospel is to be communicated.
Table of Contents:
Part 1, “Boldly, As I Ought to Speak” (Eph 6:20)
1. Introducing the Work of the Gospel
2. The Christian’s Calling to Evangelism, with Metaphors Related to Evangelism
3. The Spiritual Passions and the Spiritual Battle
4. Steadfast Truths in Evangelism
5. Motivations and Urgency of Evangelism
Part 2, “I Must Evangelize Other Cities Also” (Luke 4:43)
6. The Bible in Evangelism
7. Defining Evangelizing
8. Evangelism and Conversion
9. The Gift of the Evangelist and Revival
10. The Great Commission
11. God, Prayer, and Fasting in Evangelism
12. Spiritual Elements to Evangelism
Part 3, “From Now on You Will Be Taking Men Alive” (Luke 5:10)
13. Before Sharing the Gospel
14. Beginning a Spiritual Conversation
15. Getting into Spiritual Things
16. The Personal Testimony and Power of Story
17. What Is the Gospel?
18. Levels of Openness
19. Smokescreens and Objections (Street Apologetics)
20. Results, Reactions, and Responses
21. Commitment and the Prayer of the Sinner
22. Is an Invitation Necessary for Effective Evangelistic Preaching?
23. Immediate Follow-Up and Evaluation
24. Baptism and Evangelism
Part 4, “Teaching Them to Observe” (Matt 28:20)
25. The Parable of the Sower
26. Follow-Up Is Important
27. God and the Bible in Follow-Up
28. A Graphic Look at Biblical Follow-Up
Part 5, “I Will Build My Church” (Matt 16:18)
29. Visitation Initiative—Toward a Local Church Evangelism Strategy
30. Four Categories of Evangelism Programs
31. Evangelism and Systematic Theology
Tom’s notes, Evangelizology, Vol 1, can be purchased at Amazon.com at https://www.amazon.com/Evangelizology-Vol-Historical-Theological-Evangelizing/dp/0983152640/.
Tom’s book, Evangelizology, Vol 2, can be purchased at Amazon.com at https://www.amazon.com/Evangelizology-Vol-Historical-Theological-Evangelizing/dp/0983152659/.